Skip to content
IAPMT Video Submission Guidelines
- Videos must clearly show the student and provide a clear view of the instrument and their hands. If the instrument includes foot pedals, then these must be visible as well. A tripod for your recording device will likely be necessary and can easily be purchased from online merchants.
- You may use any recording device you wish. Smartphones generally have better cameras than tablets or laptops.
- Your performance will be graded based on your playing ability, not the quality of the video. That being said, having clear video and audio with good fidelity will help your performance shine through.
- Videos must be whole, uninterrupted takes with no distractions or background noise. You may of course record as many takes as you like and send the best one.
- Post-Production (Splicing, Editing, etc.) of the video or audio is strictly forbidden.
Submitting your Videos
- We accept video links from all major video sharing sites. If would you prefer to send your video files directly to us, then please use our WeTransfer account at https://iapmt.wetransfer.com and place the link(s) into your application (you can use your portal to do this).
- For pieces composed after 1920, you are required to send us scanned copies of the sheet music in PDF format. These may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or included in your WeTransfer upload.
Video Sharing Site Submission
- When uploading your videos to YouTube, be sure to select “Unlisted” under the “Visibility” settings.
- Please use the title and description fields to include the contestant’s name, category, title, composer, and length of the piece.
WeTransfer Video Submission
- Please edit the filenames of the videos so that they contain the student’s name, title of the song, and composer.
- Visit https://iapmt.wetransfer.com and add all of your videos to the transfer, as well as sheet music if required.
- Please use the title and message fields to include the contestant’s name, category, title, composer, and length of the piece.